*Deadline Extended to Friday 22nd October 5pm*
We are seeking an efficient and reliable individual to join the team as General Manager. The opportunity comes at an exciting time as we plan for the re-launch of our multi-year project Homemade Circus, the creation of a new touring work Falling Together, and align the company to achieve its strategic aims for 2021-22.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company, the General Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team in all aspects of company business, administration, and development. We require someone who enjoys implementing and maintaining systems and processes, and being the ‘go to’ person for a small and friendly team. Upswing is an ambitious organisation and so a passion for your work and the development of the company is essential.
Salary: £30,000 FTE
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Place of work: This role is offered as a mixture of remote and office working dependent on the applicant’s requirements. Flexible working requests and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
For the full Recruitment Pack and for details on how to apply, click the links below.
To apply for the General Manager role:
– Complete the application form
– Please also complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which be separated from your application form and will not be visible to the shortlisting panel
– Submit your application by email to email@example.com with ‘General Manager’ in the subject line. Please get in touch if you need to submit your application in another format (i.e video) for accessibility reasons
Deadline and Submission:
The application deadline has been extended to 5pm on Friday 22nd October 2021. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27th October 2021, via Zoom
All applications will be dealt with in confidence. We will respond to each applicant regarding the progress of your application.
Upswing is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all individuals.
If you would like to discuss the role before you apply, we invite that you attend an informal 1:1 Zoom chat with members of team. If you would like to take up this invitation, or arrange a phone call at an alternative time, email email@example.com
Recruitment Practices: Upswing’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are a friendly team comprising of four permanent members of staff and a wide pool of freelance associates where everyone’s contribution is valued.
Upswing is committed to equality of opportunity and encourage applications from individuals underrepresented both in the arts sector, and within Upswing’s core team.
To support Disabled candidates and those from global majority backgrounds in applying for the General Manager post, we are committed to ensuring that:
– Audio and large print versions of all recruitment documents are available from our website
– Formal interview questions will be emailed to those invited to interview 2 hours prior to their interview time
– The interview panel will consist of at least one person of colour
– Candidates who attend an interview will then be offered the opportunity to meet a team member and gain insight into the organisational culture, as well as a chance to ask questions outside of the interview
– Any Access Support Worker or P.A costs relating to your preparation for and attendance at an interview will paid for by Upswing